Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year! 2010

It's a new year, and with that comes...actually, I think that it's best to not attach anything with the new year. I have decided to throw away all of the "This year will be better" and "2010 will bring better things" notions, because in all honesty I have no idea what it will bring. So why assume or think that this year will be any better than the past years just because it's new? The past years were new years at one point and they weren't always better than the others. So all I will say for 2010 is that it is a new year, that's it. It is an opportunity to try new things, go new places and meet new people, and whether those things are planned or not in insignificant because it is what we make of it. So here is to a new year.

I spent my new years eve with two very close friends of mine. We had a blast, we watched movies we made fancy drinks, (non-alcoholic of course ;P ) watched the ball drop and popped champagne (just for fun ;P). It was so nice to be with people I really cared about, I didn't need some big elaborate party with lots of people (some of whom I probably wouldn't have known).

I think that this new year, 2010 that is, is going to be about being with people you care about. Our country is in a crisis, we are going through a lot of problems in so many different aspects and it seems our government is trying to work it all out, but it's going to take some time...but that's okay. We have our family to lean on, we have our friends. Our recession may be taking our jobs and our homes, our money and our things, but it can't take away family. It can't take away friendship. I won't let it take away those things. We had our time when the economy was good, we were able to spend and be comfortable but now we are in a time where we need to re-assess what is really important...who is really important. Is it our flat screen tv? Or is it our neighbor who just lost his job and is having a hard time figuring out how he is going to survive? Which would you choose to stick with. I know my answer to that.

I don't know what your new year resolutions are, and what ever they are I hope you are successful with them. I did not make one this year. I don't think I need to or should, I need to focus on keeping my family strong and together and whole. We are solid and we won't be going anywhere any time soon, but why wait until later to make a difference? What if later is too late? I am not willing to take that risk. I know that this year I am going to make sure I keep all of the people I care close to me and help them whenever they need, and know that they would do the same for me. That is what 2010 is about, helping people in a time of need.

Happy New Years...2010 here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment