Sunday, December 27, 2009

My feet are killing me!

Day 3! I think it's interesting all the things that we can learn from that happen in everyday life, but we are too busy and totally dismiss them. I had a great day today...oh wait! I get to reveal a little bit more about myself for you.

So you know my age and all of that, you know I think way too into things, and that I am confused about, well, everything. Here's something new; I horseback ride, I've been horseback riding since I was six years old and it is one of those things that completely...completes me. Sometimes I would get lazy and not want to go to the barn for my lesson or just not want to move from whatever I was doing, but then I would get up and go. And every time I made it to the barn I would just think, why in the hell did I not want to come? The fresh air that smelt of half eaten hay and worn leather, the sound of the horses deep breaths and their hooves moving around in their stalls, and most wonderful of all the sight of all the horses heads leaning out of their stall doors to see who just came in the door. There is no better greeting to the senses than walking into a barn. (not for me at least) Hmm...what else about myself...well I laugh, a lot. I laugh at things people say, I laugh at things I say (sometimes I'm the only one laughing) I love watching comedians (Ralphie May, Jeff Dunham, or even John Pinette) because, well I dunno, laughing jsut makes me feel good and who doesn't want to feel good?? So I guess it's a little bit of a giveaway that if I like to laugh then I like to smile. I heard that just the act of smiling releases endorphins (so does laughing) which are the chemicals that create the happy feeling.

So optimism is really important to me and like I was writing in the beginning (if you forgot see top of blog :P) I had a pretty good day. My mom and I got to do some shopping, not much because the economy is hurting out pockets, but it was better than nothing and it got us both out if the house; it also completely exhausted us. I just noticed that things change so much depending on the mood you put yourself in. And I feel that you completely choose the mood you are in ( of course, I do realize there are situations that you have no control over how you feel) but in daily life when not a whole lot is going on, you choose whether you are in a good mood or a bad one. I could have easily been in a horrible mood all day, but I chose not to be. I decided to suck up any problems I may have with my mom and the moment and just enjoy things. It makes everything so much better. I'm sure some people have a much harder time just "sucking it up" and putting on a good mood, but if you can bring yourself to just get over your problems and worries for just a little bit, then by all means, DO IT!!! It makes an enourmous difference. Instead of your surroundings seeming dreary and dull (and trust me, over the past few days that is how some things have seemed to me...unfortunately) things will seem bright and just...better. but it all depends on what you are willing to do, at least that's what I think.

I guess my bad mood just got to me too much and I was tired of feeling sorry for myself...so I just smiled. (wow, all of this optimism is freaking me out a bit) Nah, if you knew me you would know that I am geneerally a happy person. If you watch The Secret you'd know why. It's an amazing movie that literally changed my life and how I see.

So what have I deduced from today? Optimism is key! And even though I know this, once again, I may or may not choose to be so. Hmm, you would think since I see that it is better and makes things easier that I would just do it, but I don't know why but sometimes it's seriously just not that easy.

Well my feet are killing me from shopping and my eyelids are starting to burn from exhaustion. I think it's my cue to go to bed. I hope all is well.

Until next time...it's all Hidden Sectets. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment