Friday, December 25, 2009

The beginning...

I think most people start a blog saying "I'm not sure why I started this but..." or "I'm not sure what made me want to blog..." but I know exactly why I want to. Or, at least I want to think I know exactly why.

I had seen Julie and Julia, I watched the whole movie and was mesmerized by the change in Julie's life. I thought it would be amazing if things like that just happened like that (stick with me here, I'm not some crazed fan looking for a sudden change of luck in my life...not really anyway). I didn't realize, until I took a trip to the special features, that it was a true story! There was a real woman who actually did all of the things that were portrayed in the movie! Now I understand that everything was "hollywood-ized" (yes, I did it, I made up a word) but knowing that it actually happened made it real for me...and I think sometimes 'real' is a good thing. So I have decided to make a blog as well, and I'm not trying to cook through Julia Childs cookbook, but I am trying to figure things out. I am trying to understand who I am and where I fit in this crazy insane word, and I know for a fact I am not the only one who is trying to figure that one out (college made that overly apparent).

So in this blog that is what I am going to do. I'm going to figure things out, or at least try to. I have things I want to accomplish and places I want to go. And here is were I'm going to do it. I am going to post everyday and each day I am going to give away a little bit of who I am and where I am headed, even though I really don't know myself, but I guess that is the exciting part of it isn't is? As I type am going to type what is coming into my head as it is coming into my head, I don't want to edit what I put (aside from spelling errors, because that would be plain annoying) I want this to be a raw version of me. I am tired of editing everything I do and say just to make sure it all fits. I am finally making a space for myself and I get to choose what happens in it, even if it is a blog...it's my blog...and no one can tell me where to edit.

So as of now all of those things: who I am, where I want to go, who I want to be...as of now, it's all a hidden secret. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment